Download/view a PDF flyer with 2023-2024 WRS Advanced Strategies for MSL Group Instruction dates.
This course delves into essential techniques and strategies to improve all aspects of Wilson Reading System® (WRS) small-group instruction through hands-on practice and discussion and prepares participants for the WRS Group Mastery Practicum.
WRS Level I Certification and a Bachelor’s degree in education or a related field
Three consecutive days (15 hours)
At the completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify factors for successful WRS small-group instruction.
- Review the planning for & execution of WRS Lesson Blocks 1, 2, and 3 and differentiate instruction for maximum group success.
- Develop a word-conscious lesson.
- Understand the role of spelling in writing fluency.
- Determine how to ensure students successfully access complex text; both literary and informational text structures.
- Understand how to select the appropriate text and tasks for students in order to effectively plan for and deliver fluency and comprehension instruction.
Upcoming Course dates:
Wed-Fri, Feb 14-16, 2024
8:30a–4p MT; includes breaks
$690 per participant
It is recommended that participants have a Steps 1-6 4th Edition Teacher’s Kit available to them during the workshop.