In order for your child to be considered for admission to The Jones-Gordon School:
1. First, complete an Online Inquiry Form.
2. After submitting the form, you will be invited to attend a Virtual Admissions Preview
(our version of an Open House) to learn more about the school. For information on availability in specific grades, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
3. If you attended the Preview and believe that JGS might be a good fit for your child, you may request an application via:email@example.com. You will receive an invitation to begin the admissions process by submitting an application and supporting documentation.
4. Once the application and documentation are received and reviewed, a member of the Leadership Team will contact you to discuss thoughts, ideas, and recommendations. If we decide to proceed, your child will be invited to join us for 3 campus visits/shadow days:
Day 1: ½ Day Shadow
Day 2: Full-Day Shadow
When shadowing, the applicant accompanies his or her JGS student host throughout the school day, allowing potential students to get a feel for the JGS experience.
Day 3: ½ Day: Assessments – scheduled after the completion of the shadow days
Assessments are designed to establish benchmarks and to determine placement within our classes. Assessments include reading, writing, and math.
After the shadow/assessment period, an admissions decision is made. This decision (made by our Leadership Team with JGS teacher input) is based on determining if we are able to meet your child’s needs. Especially during off-season enrollment times, admissions may be based on specific class/FLEX availability; in order to accept a student, we must feel strongly that we are able to offer your child his/her optimal schedule.
5. If your child is accepted as a JGS student, you will receive a link to the Online Enrollment Packet (a $1500 deposit is required; this amount is deducted from the total annual tuition).
6. Once the Enrollment Packet is completed, your child is officially a JGS Jaguar!
In cases where we determine that the student is not a good fit for our program or that we aren’t able to meet the student’s needs, JGS staff does its best to provide referrals to other potential schools, programs, services, or consultants.