The Jones-Gordon School admits students on an ongoing basis. Students are accepted to our school with consideration of the following: number of openings available, appropriateness of our program for the student, the student’s “fit” with our school culture and with his or her potential peer group(s), and other determining factors.
Very limited space is available in select grades for the 2020-21 school year and we are maintaining a waitlist for mid-year and 2021-22 enrollment. Please contact Admissions Director, Tracie Glover Hawxhurst, directly for information on joining the JGS community: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note: due to COVID-19 precautions, in-person meetings and student shadow days may be postponed indefinitely.
In order to consider your child for admission to The Jones-Gordon School:
1. First, complete an Online Inquiry Form.
2. After completing the form, you will be contacted by the Admissions office to discuss your inquiry. You are also invited to attend a Virtual Admissions Preview.
3. You will be sent information about JGS and an invitation for you to begin the admissions process by submitting an application.
4. Once the application and documentation are received and reviewed, the Head of School or Division Director will contact you to discuss thoughts, ideas, and recommendations. If circumstances allow, your child may be invited to join us for 1-3 campus visits/shadow days. When shadowing, the applicant accompanies his or her JGS student host through the school the day, allowing potential students to get a feel for the JGS experience.
5. After the shadow period, an admissions decision is made. This decision (made by our Admin team, with JGS teacher input) is based on determining if we are able to meet your child’s needs—academically and otherwise. During off-season enrollment times, admissions may be based on specific class/FLEX availability; in order to accept a student, we must feel strongly that we are able to offer your child his/her optimal schedule.
6. If your child is accepted as a JGS student, you will receive a link to the Online Enrollment Packet (a $1500 deposit is required; this amount is deducted from the total annual tuition). Once completed, your child is officially a JGS student!
In cases where we determine that the student is not a good fit for our program or that we aren’t able to meet the student’s needs, JGS staff does its best to provide referrals to other potential schools, programs, or services.