Admission to JGS
The Jones-Gordon School admits students on an ongoing basis. Students are accepted to our school with consideration of the following: number of openings available, appropriateness of our program for the student, the student’s “fit” with our school culture and with his or her potential peer group(s), and other determining factors.
JGS programming is intended to benefit students with dyslexia (language-based learning differences and often co-occurring challenges such as ADHD, dyscalculia, and executive dysfunction). Please know that JGS is not designed to meet the needs of children whose educational plan focuses on improving conduct or children who are struggling with school avoidance. Prospective students with behaviors that impede the learning environment of other students are not considered for admission.
Very limited space is available in select grades for the 2022-23 school year and we are maintaining a waitlist for mid-year and 2023-24 enrollment. Please contact Admissions Director, Tracie Glover Hawxhurst, directly for information on joining the JGS community: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Admissions Process
In order for your child to be considered for admission to The Jones-Gordon School:
1. First, complete an Online Inquiry Form.
2. After submitting the form, you will be contacted by the Admissions office to discuss your inquiry. You are also invited to attend a Virtual Admissions Preview.
3. You will be sent information about JGS and an invitation for you to begin the admissions process by submitting an application and documentation.
4. Once the application and documentation are received and reviewed, a member of the Leadership Team will contact you to discuss thoughts, ideas, and recommendations. If we decide to proceed, your child will be invited to join us for 1-3 campus visits/shadow days. When shadowing, the applicant accompanies his or her JGS student host throughout the school day, allowing potential students to get a feel for the JGS experience.
After the shadow period, an admissions decision is made. This decision (made by our Leadership Team with JGS teacher input) is based on determining if we are able to meet your child’s needs—academically and otherwise. Especially during off-season enrollment times, admissions may be based on specific class/FLEX availability; in order to accept a student, we must feel strongly that we are able to offer your child his/her optimal schedule.
5. If your child is accepted as a JGS student, you will receive a link to the Online Enrollment Packet (a $1500 deposit is required; this amount is deducted from the total annual tuition).
6. Once the Enrollment Packet is completed, your child is officially a JGS Jaguar!
In cases where we determine that the student is not a good fit for our program or that we aren’t able to meet the student’s needs, JGS staff does its best to provide referrals to other potential schools, programs, or services.
The Jones-Gordon School affirms its intent to comply with all federal and state laws regarding the prevention of discrimination. JGS admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, creed, familial status, and sexual orientation to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school, and does not discriminate on any such basis in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and/or loan programs, and any other school-administered programs.