Admission to JGS
The Jones-Gordon School admits students on an ongoing basis. Students are accepted to our school with consideration of the following: number of openings available, appropriateness of our program for the student, the student’s “fit” with our school culture and with his or her potential peer group(s), and other determining factors.
Very limited space is available in select grades for the 2020-21 school year and we are maintaining a waitlist for mid-year and 2021-22 enrollment. Please contact Admissions Director, Tracie Glover Hawxhurst, directly for information on joining the JGS community: email@example.com. Please note: due to COVID-19 precautions, in-person meetings and student shadow days are postponed indefinitely.
Yes! We have very limited space available in select grades. Call (480)563-5588 or email us today to inquire about certain grade levels.
The Jones-Gordon School’s Admissions Office will remain open for business remotely in the event of a campus closure. We are delighted to work with children and their families via email, phone, and video conferencing.
In the event of a campus closure, the Admissions Office will remain open from 9:30 a.m.–3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
In the event that the government mandates that we, along with other educational institutions, must return to a distance learning schedule, JGS has developed an appropriate contingency plan that is in line with both the law and what we’ve determined is the best way to educate our children.
Virtual Campus Tour
Our Admissions Process
In order to consider your child for admission to The Jones-Gordon School:
1. First, complete an Online Inquiry Form.
2. Next, RSVP to attend an Admissions Preview (multiple dates each month throughout the school year) where you’ll learn more about JGS & tour our campus.
3. If, after attending the Preview, you feel we could be the right school for your child, submit an Online Application and associated documentation along with the $150 application fee.
4. Once the application and documentation are received and reviewed, the Head of School or Division Director will contact you to discuss thoughts, ideas and recommendations. Your child may be invited to join us for 1-3 campus visits/shadow days. When shadowing, the applicant accompanies his or her JGS student host through the school the day, allowing potential students to get a feel for the JGS experience.
5. After the shadow period, an admissions decision is made. This decision (made by our Admin team, with JGS teacher input) is based on determining if we are able to meet your child’s needs—academically and otherwise. During off-season enrollment times, admissions may be based on specific class/FLEX availability; in order to accept a student, we must feel strongly that we are able to offer your child his/her optimal schedule.
6. If your child is accepted as a JGS student, you will receive a link to the Online Enrollment Packet (a $1500 deposit is required; this amount is deducted from the total annual tuition). Once completed, your child is officially a JGS student!
In cases where we determine that the student is not a good fit for our program or that we aren’t able to meet the student’s needs, JGS staff does its best to provide referrals to other potential schools, programs, or services.
Notice of Nondiscriminatory Policy: The Jones-Gordon School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. The Jones-Gordon School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, or any other school-administered programs.