Our Admissions Process
The Jones-Gordon School admits students on an ongoing basis. Students are accepted to our school with consideration of the following: number of openings available, appropriateness of our program for the student, the student’s “fit” with our school culture and with his or her potential peer group(s), and other determining factors.
In order to consider your child for admission to The Jones-Gordon School:
- An Online Inquiry Form must first be submitted.
- Next, RSVP for and attend an Admissions Preview (multiple dates each month throughout the school year) where you’ll learn more about JGS, tour our campus, and have the opportunity to have your questions answered.
- If your student is a good candidate for JGS (and you feel we could be the right school for your child!), submit an Online Application and associated documentation (along with the $150 application fee).
- Once the application and documentation are received and reviewed, you may be invited for a private admissions meeting. There, your child may be invited to join us for 1-3 campus visits/shadow days. When shadowing, the applicant accompanies his or her JGS student host through the school the day, allowing potential students to get a feel for the JGS experience.
- After the shadow period, an admissions decision is made. This decision (made by our Admin team, with JGS teacher input) is based on determining if we are able to meet your child’s needs—academically and otherwise. During off-season enrollment times, admissions may be based on specific class/FLEX availability; in order to accept a student, we must feel strongly that we are able to offer your child his/her optimal schedule.
- If your child is accepted as a JGS student, you will receive a link to the Online Enrollment Packet (a $1500 deposit is required; this amount is deducted from the total annual tuition).
In cases where we determine that the student is not a good fit for our program or that we aren’t able to meet the student’s needs, JGS staff does its best to provide referrals to other potential schools, programs, or services.
Notice of Nondiscriminatory Policy: The Jones-Gordon School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. The Jones-Gordon School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, or any other school-administered programs.