COVID-Specific Policies & Protocols
The safety of our students, teachers, and community is of utmost importance. Throughout the pandemic, our stringent policies & protocols enabled us to keep our students learning on campus for much of the school year. During the summer, following these same policies and protocols will maintain a safe environment for all our campers and staff.
We ask that any family considering JGS camps this summer carefully review these policies & protocols—and decide if they are able to comply with our requirements—prior to registering.
JGS is committed to:
- Keeping camps small with 5 or fewer small group camps running on campus during any given week.
- Conducting wellness screenings (temperature checks & health surveys) upon campers’ arrival each day. Anyone with symptoms of illness and/or a fever over 100.0°F will be sent home.
- Limiting visitors; no one will be allowed on campus except for campers and the necessary staff.
- Reminding campers to wash and/or disinfect their hands often (sinks are located in classrooms & hand sanitizing stations are plentiful around campus).
- Regularly cleaning and sanitizing all areas in use by campers throughout the day.
- Immediately isolating and sending home any campers or staff with symptoms of illness.
Expectations for families:
- If your family is going to travel during late May or June, we ask that you DO NOT register for/attend camp for at least 1 week after returning home. We require a minimum 5-day quarantine and negative PCR testing after travel.
- During the camp season, if a camper or immediate family member exhibits any symptoms of illness, or anyone in the household has come in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, the family MUST inform the camp administrator and keep the camper(s) at home.
Expectations for campers:
- Wear a well-fitting mask/face covering at all times while at camp, unless and until instructed to remove it (i.e., while eating or during outside activities that allow social distancing.) Extra disposable masks are readily available should a camper need a new one during the day. Face shields—in addition to masks—are optional.
- Wash and/or disinfect their hands as instructed & throughout the day, especially before eating and after using the restroom.
- Follow all other COVID safety protocols as instructed by camp staff.