This workshop delves into essential techniques and strategies to improve all aspects of Wilson Reading System® (WRS) small-group instruction through hands-on practice and discussion, and prepares participants for the WRS Group Mastery Practicum.
WRS Level I Certification; Bachelor’s degree in education or a related field
Three consecutive days (15 hours)
At the completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify factors for successful WRS small-group instruction.
- Review the planning for & execution of WRS Lesson Blocks 1, 2, and 3 and differentiating instruction for maximum group success.
- Develop a word-conscious lesson.
- Understand the role of spelling in writing fluency.
- Determine how to ensure students successfully access complex text; both literary and informational text structures.
- Understand how to select the appropriate text and tasks for students in order to effectively plan for and deliver fluency and comprehension instruction.
No upcoming Advanced Strategies courses
8:30a–4p MST; includes breaks/lunch break
$629 per participant
The Jones-Gordon School, 4800 E Doubletree Ranch Rd, Paradise Valley, AZ 85253