Our Admissions Process
The Jones-Gordon School admits students on an ongoing basis. Students are accepted to our school with consideration of the following: number of openings available, appropriateness of our program for the student, the student’s “fit” with our school culture and with his or her potential peer group(s), and other determining factors.
In order to consider your child for admission to The Jones-Gordon School:
- Submit an Online Inquiry Form & evaluative data (IEP, neuropsychological or psychoeducational evaluation, etc.)
- Dana (Head of School) & the JGS administrative team will review everything submitted.
- If your student is a good candidate for JGS (& you feel we could be the right school for your child!), we will invite you in for a formal tour/meeting with Dana (and/or admin team).
- After meeting, if we all agree that JGS is a good fit for your child, we will invite you to submit an Online Application ($150 fee).
- Once the application is received, your child will join us for 1-3 shadow days.
- After the shadow period, the teachers and admin team will determine if we are able to meet your child’s needs—academically and otherwise. During off-season enrollment times (fall, winter & spring), admissions may be based on specific class and FLEX availability; in order to accept a student, we feel strongly that we are able to offer his/her optimal schedule.
- If your child is accepted, you will receive a link to the JGS Online Enrollment Packet (a $1500 deposit is required; this amount is deducted from the total annual tuition).
In cases where we determine that the student is not a good fit for our program or that we aren’t able to meet the student’s needs, JGS staff does its best to provide referrals to other potential programs or services.
Notice of Nondiscriminatory Policy: The Jones-Gordon School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. The Jones-Gordon School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, or any other school-administered programs.