Cultivating Strengths, Transforming Lives.
With a truly customized education, diverse learners thrive at The Jones-Gordon School!
A private school in Scottsdale, Arizona, we serve elementary, middle and high school students (grades 1-12).
- small class sizes (10 max. in lower and middle school, 8 max. in high school), and a school-wide faculty-to-student ratio of 1:3
- a unique, optional daily FLEX Hour for academic acceleration or support
- executive function, mindfulness and social/emotional learning incorporated throughout the school day
- personalized positive reinforcement systems facilitated by a BCBA, social worker, and school psychologist
- STEM (science, technology, engineering, math); field studies; service-learning; and gifted/twice exceptional (2e) programs
- on-site, certified & licensed speech pathologists & occupational therapists
- a modern campus that houses classrooms, lounges, a café, 2 climate-controlled gymnasium/play areas, and our four-legged and slithering friends—all under one roof—providing an environment that fosters a close-knit community
We accomplish our goal of making academic success attainable through differentiated instruction, multisensory methods and experiential curriculum. To cultivate each student’s love of learning, our academic environment is nurturing and constructive, and is supported by an extensive, knowledgeable team of collaborative professionals who are teachers and mentors.
Please know that JGS is NOT a therapeutic environment and our program is not designed to meet the needs of students whose primary difficulties are behavioral in nature.
Over time, through her teaching, tutoring and consulting experience, Dana recognized the need for a different kind of school in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area—a school for high-potential students with learning differences and those who are considered twice-exceptional (2e). In 2010, JGS (then called On-Track Academy) was founded in order to fill the need for an educational environment dedicated to these diverse learners.
We’ve built our reputation by employing only outstanding educators and using state-of-the-art, research-validated curriculum. JGS parents have high standards and expect proven outcomes, and we deliver.